Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Join Our Community of Food People!Mechanic will be responsible
for the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of the Fleet road
equipment including tractor, trailer, thermo-king, converter dolly
and maintenance vehicles. Ensure compliance with all State and
Federal trucking regulations. Mechanics will also be responsible
for the documentation, completion, and to keep current the
maintenance logs for all repairs and parts used daily. The position
will be required to perform road rescue as needed.BECOME A US FOODS
- FLEET MECHANICOur Fleet Mechanics start at $21.00 an hour, with
additional scale for experience and/or certifications! Also, US
FOODS - Fleet Mechanics earn clean and safe shop bonuses, uniform
allowance, tool allowance, and continuous growth and training
opportunities!We help you make it! US FOODS - is one of the largest
food distributors with a culture and history of promotion from
within, excellent training programs and a continuous improvement
focus. Schedule: Night Shift (Sun-Thursday, 9pm - 6:00am)US FOODS -
has a lot to offer:
- US FOODS - is the company built on YOU Matter, where your hard
work is rewarded
- We are committed to compensation, benefits that respect, and
reward our employees for their dedication and hard work
- Guaranteed minimum 40 hours per week
- Paid Training AND Paid Overtime
- Service recognition and employee rewards
- Company with a history of promotion from within and unlimited
career growth opportunities w/ ongoing job skills and leadership
- Excellent Leadership BENEFITS START DAY ONE: medical, dental,
vision, 401(k) Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) life
insurance and paid parental leave. Check out our Benefits by
clicking on the link Main Ingredients of the Job!Great Mechanics
are crucial to the US FOODS - team and one of the important faces
of our organization. Our Mechanics strive for integrity and
reliability, while building trusting relationships with team
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, rebuild, replace and complete all
required repairs on diesel equipment (i.e., tractors, trailers,
bobtails, reefers, lift gates, etc.).
- Perform preventative maintenance within company standards.
- Complete documentation of all repair orders, PM list and parts
- Handle road service calls; perform road rescue/transport
equipment as needed.
- Keep track of assigned repairs by logging in and out of the
Shop Fax system.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with
workplace safety rules and regulations and government
- Maintain inventory and proper recordkeeping.
- Backup to other maintenance shop personnel.
- Willingness and capacity to assume increased responsibility and
- Performs other duties as assigned.What you bring to the table
- Must have (3) years of verifiable hands-on experience as a
heavy duty commercial diesel mechanic or reefer mechanic or a
combination of both; or (2) years verifiable hands-on experience
with either Diesel Mechanic Certification or TK/Carrier
Refrigeration Certification or both.
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment
- Successfully demonstrated independent analytical and
- Prior experience in administering appropriate PM program.
- Must furnish own personal hand tools.
- CDL A and DOT certified preferred.Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Ability to comply with EPA and OSHA regulations as pertaining
to the shop and fleet.
- Ability to read and understand technical and service
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate with
co-workers and drivers with demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously in a
fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational
- Computer and software experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and
- Must be able to work overtime when needed.Your efforts are the
foundation that defines US FOODS - success based on our pillars of
cultural beliefs, work ethic, collaborative spirit, and
service.Stay updated by following US Foods on any of our social
media platforms at the bottom of the page!#LI-EO1***EOE
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National
Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Huntington , Fleet Mechanic, Engineering , Hurricane, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!