Senior Automation Engineer
Posted on: November 18, 2023
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for
people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader
headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around
the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to
those who need them, improve the understanding and management of
disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and
volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put
people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make
life better for people around the world. Lilly is entering an
exciting period of growth and we are committed to delivering
innovative medicines to patients around the world. Lilly is
investing over $1 billion to create a new state-of-the-art
manufacturing site, in Concord, North Carolina. The brand-new
facility will utilize the latest technology to increase the
company's manufacturing capacity in parenteral (injectable)
medications, device assembly and packaging operations. This is an
exciting once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help build and operate a
new site. The Lilly Concord site will be built using the latest
high-tech equipment, advanced highly integrated and automated
manufacturing systems, and have a focus on minimizing the impact to
our environment. This is an opportunity you don't want to miss! We
are currently hiring for Senior-Level Automation Engineers for our
new Concord, NC site!Specifically, this role will entail the
- Provide automation design and oversight to the delivery of
Lilly's new Concord facility.
- Manage system integrators to deliver all aspects of Automation
for Lilly's new Concord based facility.
- Support key corporate initiatives such as life cycle
management, Engineering information management, and cyber
- Evaluate new technology and innovation trends leading to the
development of proof of concepts and sharing of use cases for
application within Lilly.
- Drive automation governance and replication across the Global
Parenteral Network and the Global Packaging Network for Tier 1
equipment, architecture, and Automation/IT systems and solutions.In
addition, this role will work to optimizes and improve project
automation engineering approaches by combining technical expertise,
best practices, engineering standards, and project delivery
expertise. Key Objectives/Deliverables
- Safety - Work safely and continually looks for improvements in
personnel and equipment safety, ensure safe design and operation of
new equipment, ensure automation design reflects safety concerns
for operations and maintenance.
- Automation/Control Discipline and Technical Leadership -
Partner with colleagues to lead the discipline through solution
assessment, replication, and development. Manage tools, engineering
standards, master specifications and best practices. Provide
technical coaching and consultation to other Lilly engineers,
facilitate shared learning forums.
- Automation Design - Provide support to European manufacturing
sites and Global Facilities Delivery during project profiling and
design. Ensure project design meets intended requirements,
considers life cycle cost, and eliminates non-value add complexity.
Use replication and best practices to optimize project cost.
- External Influence and Benchmarking - Monitor and influence,
when appropriate, changes in external codes and standards on
Lilly's behalf, and work to ensure ongoing compliance within Lilly.
Extract benchmarking information from academia and industry.
- Technology and Innovation. Keep current on external trends and
practices to evaluate technology for application within Lilly.Basic
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Technology, or a
- Minimum 3 years' experience in automation machine control,
process control, or equivalent work experience in a related
- Demonstrated ability to work safely
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more automation platforms,
preferable Rockwell Automation Systems.
- Significant experience and strong problem-solving skills in
measurements, control (process and/or manufacturing), control
systems, integration, and data.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage people and projects to deliver a common set
- Knowledge of GMP's and pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Knowledge in Microsoft Operating Systems
- Knowledge in DatabasesAdditional Information
- Expectation that the position will be based out of Concord,
- 8-hour days - Monday through Friday, overtime and some
weekend/holiday may be required for project support.
- Travel: Domestic and International travel may be required, up
to 25% during site start-upEli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC
and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively "Lilly") are
committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in
the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If
you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at
Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( ) for further
assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only
to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any
other correspondence will not receive a response.Lilly is an
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
status.Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support
networks for their members and help our company develop talented
individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups
include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African
American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career
Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN),
Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ
+ Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women's Network, Working
and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.As
a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its
subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be
fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination
satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Keywords: Lilly, Huntington , Senior Automation Engineer, Engineering , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!