Company: Premise Health
Posted on: March 15, 2020
We have an opening for aPer Diem (4 hours per week)??Medical
Directorto work at our brand new employer health center located
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement
company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee
healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people
get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation
of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise
Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness
centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the
nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the
The Medical Director is responsible for the medical leadership,
clinical oversight and patient care for this specific health
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in
the health center.
- Works in tandem with Health Center Manager/Supervisor to ensure
a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Provide episodic, preventive, occupational and/or primary
health care to patients depending on the needs of the client.
- Conduct histories, physical exams and prescribes medical
- Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients;
educates and advises on medical issues as needed.
- Provide referrals both internally and externally to appropriate
medical resource or specialty.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of medical care and monitors
progress of patients.
- Participate in the development of annual health center goals
- Maintain electronic medical records.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of medical care; schedules follow up
visits and/or phone calls.
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal
scope of practice.
- Reports directly to the Regional Medical Director for medical
responsibilities and reports indirectly to the Health Center
Manager/Supervisor for administrative and operational workings of
- Leads and motivates medical providers in the health center
environment; uses effective medical and people/performance
- Participate in the development of policies and guidelines
(clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the
- Collaborates with other health center staff to ensure clinical
alignment and scope of practice based on evidence based data.
- Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and
timely communication of directives, best practices, regulatory and
medical research updates to health center staff.
- Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of
- Coordinates and researches continuing educational opportunities
for the development of staff within the health center.
- Ensure the use of standardized and consistent medical
procedures/processes within the health center.
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of physicians and
providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates.
- May be requested to teach/train precepts and provide mentoring
to site physicians and staff providers.
- May oversee and provides evidence based process improvement
recommendations to ensure quality of care.
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or
expertise; Occupational Health, Primary Care, Pharmacy/PC
integration, Integrative Medicine, etc. and provides consultative
advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations
and/or client issues.
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process being
mindful of Risk Management and mitigation, quality, compliance and
- Perform annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with
input from the Health Center Manager.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate,
like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an
unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face
and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it. We are an
equal opportunity employer.?
Minimum educational requirements:
- MD or DO degree, Board Certified in Family Practice, Internal
Medicine and/or Occupational Health by the AOA or ABMS.
- 3-5 years minimum in Family practice, emergency room,
ambulatory care, or Occupational health settings, Primary Care or
Emergency Medicine or Board Eligible in aforementioned practice
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification. Current
Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care
providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be
required based on contract scope of services.
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with
individuals at all levels of the organization both internal and
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state within which the
site is located.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) certification, in some cases may
Keywords: Premise Health, Huntington , Medical Director, Executive , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!