Unit Nurse Manager - Adult - WV - Huntington Location
Company: Evergreen Technologies, LLC.
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Title: Unit Nurse Manager - AdultOverview:
- Job Category: Acute - Nursing - Travel
- Duties: Responsible for monitoring nursing staff, nursing
activities, and patient care, as well as ensuring nursing
activities follow federal, state, and local standards. A successful
ADON is responsible, attentive, knowledgeable, and provides
high-quality care to patients.
- Skills: Excel Proficiency
- Education: Licensed and currently registered to practice as a
Professional Nurse in New York State, plus (2) or (3) below.
- A Master's degree in Nursing Administration, Education or an
equivalent field and a minimum of six years of satisfactory nursing
experience, of which four years shall have been in a supervisory,
teaching or administrative capacity; or,
- A Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing and seven years of
satisfactory nursing experience, five years of which shall have
been in a supervisory or teaching capacity; or,
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of education and
experience. However, all candidates must be licensed and currently
registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York
- Certifications & Licenses: RN LicenseUnit/Position Summary
- Plans, implements, and documents nursing care based on
- Your job is to provide care to adult patients with general
medical conditions and/or post-surgical abdominal, vascular,
urology, bariatric and gynecology patients. Our team includes RNs,
CNAs, Case Managers, Educator, leadership (Manager, Assistant Nurse
Managers) as well as RT, PT, Pharmacy and
- Accountable for achieving harm index, compliance to
evidence-based protocols, patient safety, HCAPS, rounding, vacancy,
turnover, productivity, overtime, expense, work place safety and
staff engagement performance metrics.
- Makes staff assignments to align with staff competencies to
ensure appropriate patient care and actively manages staff each
shift. Works with Nursing Manager and Staffing Office to determine
- Provides guidance, mentoring, coaching and development of
staff, and ensures execution of action plans to improve staff
development and employee engagement. Works with staff to promote
resolution of conflicts and counsels' staff when clinical practice
standards are not met.
- Assists in the hiring and onboarding process, as well as
contributes to performance evaluations and staff management, as
delegated by the Nursing Manager.
- Provides increased leadership visibility through actively
engaging in real-time patient rounding, to support coaching and
mentoring of the patient care team.
- Initiate and foster continuous improvement within department.
Identify and resolve patient/customer satisfaction issues and
- Ensure compliance with regulations governing
hospitals/area/service and practice/area/ service. Ensure that
policy, procedures and standards are developed, implemented and
- Ensures communication of program priorities, policies, and
procedures across team to ensure consistent patient experience and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Keywords: Evergreen Technologies, LLC., Huntington , Unit Nurse Manager - Adult - WV - Huntington Location, Executive , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!