Company: Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
US-WV-Charleston - US-WV-South Charleston - US-WV-Dunbar - US-WV-Huntington
Looking to join a vibrant organization that makes a difference? At Church Mutual, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. For more than 125 years, we've made it our business to protect those who serve and inspire others through our specialized insurance expertise and innovative solutions. Our customers do amazing things for the world - when we protect them, we Stand for Good. We foster a workplace where all employees are treated with dignity and respect; diversity, inclusion and belonging are woven into the fabric of our company through our customers, employees, leadership, business relationships and outreach programs.
What you'll be doing:
Service and renew customer accounts for Church Mutual within an assigned territory. Conduct on-site visits to inspect, field underwrite, evaluate exposures, and conduct customer renewal and service presentations. Provide risk management advice as appropriate. Evaluate exposures and round out customer accounts with appropriate supplemental coverage. Investigate and respond to customer inquiries. Maintain customer database and process automated insurance transactions.
On any given day, you'll:
I. Develop and implement a service and renewal plan that leads to successful accomplishment of assigned goals and corporate objectives.II. Working within an assigned territory, conduct on-site visits to renew and service customers. Inspect, evaluate, field underwrite, and document exposures in preparation for a renewal offer. Identify and analyse account rounding opportunities for the customers that fall within established Church Mutual guidelines. Coordinate and conduct in-person renewal and service presentations.III. Complete applications and provide supporting data for processing. Enter system data as instructed to process documents and record decisions/communications.IV. Investigate customer complaints/inquiries and provide response in specified time frame.V. Work with internal team members to make the renewal process and service requests timely and complete.VI. Reporting Activities: Complete and maintain databases for all sales and service activities, provide written report(s) to management as directed, complete and process expense accounts, and report nonrenewal and cancellation decisions.VII. Additional requirements.A. Attend training seminars, meetings and conventions as required, including trips to the Home Office for training.B. Maintain a valid driver's license.C. Must be able to obtain and maintain a property and casualty insurance license.D. Assume temporary additional territory assignments as necessary.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:1. Develop and implement a plan for service and renewal of existing insurance accounts.2. Conduct on-site customer visits to inspect, evaluate, field underwrite, and document exposures.3. Prepare and conduct in-person renewal and service presentations.4. Provide reports, documentation, expense reports, etc.5. Maintain an insurance license in good standing and a valid driver's license.6. Travel and overnight stays are required.
Here's what we expect
1. Prior Experience:* Previous insurance experience not required but prior sales/business experience and a successful work history are essential.
* Must be computer literate using proprietary software and Microsoft Office.2. Education:* Bachelor's degree is required.
* Significant industry experience with a high school diploma or equivalent may be considered in place of a bachelor's degree.3. Necessary Knowledge and Abilities:* Integrity.
* Ability to understand church structure and operation.
* Able to work independently to specific performance standards and goals.
* Ability to travel, including overnight stays.
* Strong written/verbal presentation and listening skills.
* Demonstrated skills in relationship building, decision making, negotiation, and communication.
* Ability to apply basic math and drafting skills to create building replacement cost estimates and building perimeter diagrams.
* Ability to understand, interpret, and explain various insurance policies.
* Ability to learn and use proprietary software and Microsoft products and stay current with changes.4. Necessary On the Job Training and Orientation:Six months; by the end of this time period, the employee must be able to function with minimum supervision; however, up to one year may be required before all aspects of the job are encountered.5. Supervisory Responsibility:None.6. Interactions:Customers, sales management, and other commercial lines operations members. Church Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Keywords: Church Mutual Insurance Company, S.I., Huntington , Account Manager, Executive , Huntington, West Virginia
here to apply!