MHN Chief Population Health Officer
Company: Cabell Huntington Hospital/St. Mary
Posted on: November 14, 2023
MHN Chief Population Health Officer - #7309 Huntington , WV
Company Mountain Health Network Posting Employment Type Full Time
Area of Interest Management Job Description The Mountain Health
Network (MHN) Chief Population Health Officer (CPHO) will have
system-wide responsibility for improving value-based care and the
sustainability of healthcare delivery through collaborative
partnerships with physicians, system hospitals, payers,
community-based organizations, and preferred partners. The CPHO
will develop, plan and implement programs to support quality
improvement strategies, disease management programs, population
health initiatives, and care coordination through the continuum of
care. The CPHO is responsible for measurable improvements in
clinical quality as defined by external metrics and internally
- Works with MHN leadership, hospital and Medical Staff leaders,
and other key personnel and committees within the system to help
identify clinical priorities for improvement, develop appropriate
strategies and action plans, and implement solutions that will help
to align and integrate clinical care across MHN in support of the
organization's strategic and operational goals.
- Evaluates evolving advanced alternative payment models and
value-based programs and works with system financial and business
development executives to successfully implement and sustain new
and innovative care delivery models.
- Builds and leverages cross-functional collaborative
relationships between administrative and clinical leaders to
achieve shared system goals.
- Engages the Medical Staffs in translating quality/safety and
other clinical benchmark data into actionable information to
promote improved performance in areas such as commercial
value-based incentive programs, the Merit-Based Incentive Payment
System (MIPS) and population health programs.
- Supports implementation of Information Technology systems,
specifically Oracle Health/Cerner HealtheIntent platform and
dashboards, that promote patient care quality and safety through
electronic health record implementation and data/analytics for
Population Health initiatives.
- Oversees the quality improvement and medical management
processes to improve care, reduce costs, and deliver evidence-based
outcomes for all Population Health platforms including accountable
care organizations, employee health benefits, and managed care
- Monitors performance indicators to ensure the delivery of
exceptional quality outcomes for all Population Health platforms
including accountable care organizations, employee health benefits,
and managed care populations.
- Helps to align quality metrics across the system payor
- Provides strategic direction and successful operation of MHN's
care management model, driving the advancement of a unified care
management model across the continuum of care.
- Develops, implements, and reviews risk stratification and
population segmentation models. Advises on and helps to implement
population health initiatives, disease management programs and care
delivery innovations to reduce variation and improve cost and
- Develops population health strategies and manages
interventions, people, and programs that address the clinical and
utilization needs of various risk-based populations.
- Works with MHN employee nurse advocate and MHN benefits and
accounting staff to develop disease management, care management and
other programs to help improve plan member health and reduce MHN
medical plan costs.
- Reviews MHN medical plan exceptions for appropriateness and
works with employee nurse advocate to coordinate care with plan
members receiving care outside the MHN system. -
- Fosters and develops physician alignment with the strategic
priorities of the system and the needs of the community.
- Creates an environment where physicians work together to
establish clinical programs that improve the quality and efficiency
of care and provide value to patients, physicians, and payors.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of current best
administrative and clinical practices and national and state health
policy and health care law.
- Develops and implements chronic disease programs and
evidence-based guidelines to drive clinical performance and to
- Develops provider and clinical cost of care performance
standards and where appropriate utilizes the medical review process
to address inappropriate or poor performance.
- Collaborates with executive leadership, medical staff
leadership and nursing leaders as well as other clinical
professionals to improve integration, quality, and safety of care
according to national best practices.
- Develops partnerships across the system and with Marshall
University to design and carry out population health research.
- MD required Certification/Registration
- Active WV Medical License
- Board certification in a medical specialty Experience
- 5+ Years of Administrative Experience in Healthcare facility
with respect to quality and physician practice. Prior experience as
a physician leader and/or medical leadership role in a clinically
integrated network or accountable care organization preferred.
Keywords: Cabell Huntington Hospital/St. Mary, Huntington , MHN Chief Population Health Officer, Executive , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!