Teacher Counselor/Mental Health Support Specialist
Company: Pressley Ridge
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description Be the change you wish to see in the world! Come
join our team to empower children and families in our communities
to transform their lives and develop to their full potential.
Pressley Ridge Benefits
The well-being of our employees and their families is important to
us. At Pressley Ridge, we strive to provide the most competitive
and comprehensive employee benefit programs that are affordable and
help you and your family achieve and maintain your best possible
- Free single medical coverage available with a Health Savings
Account (HSA) with 50% employer match
- Prescription coverage
- Dental and vision plans
- Patient advocate and Medicare specialists available at no
- Dependent Care Flexible Savings Account
- Wellness incentive (up to $250)
- 403b with up to 9% employer give/match
- Free life insurance and AD&D
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 paid holidays (7 recognized holidays plus a floating and
birthday holiday per year)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Mental Health Support Specialist (Teacher Counselor) assists in
the developing, implementing, and monitoring of mental health
treatment plans and procedures that result in improved functioning
and high rates of successful program completing among youth. This
position assures staff are attending to the safety, health, and
well-being of youth in a trauma informed manner and environment.
The Mental Health Support Specialist (Teacher Counselor) resides
with assigned youth and offers flexible hours and shifts.
- Building positive relationships with youth.
- Safety and well-being.
- Group management.
- Daily living skills/management.
- Treatment planning and implementation.
- Therapeutic and educational activities.
- Professional development and training.
- Documentation and record keeping.
- Clearances. State Police/FBI clearance per state regulation;
Child Abuse Registry clearance; any additional background
checks/clearances required by state governing bodies.
- Valid driver's license and current vehicle insurance.
- Physical Demands. Requires vision, speech, and hearing and a
moderate to high level of physical activity including; sitting,
standing, walking lifting and carrying as required. Must be able to
meet the demands and complete Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- Environmental Factors. Indoors/Outdoors: Residential treatment
facility, school, home, community.
- Working Hours. 40 hour week, variable schedule based on program
Education Bachelors (required)
Experience Experience working with youth or families.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Pressley Ridge, Huntington , Teacher Counselor/Mental Health Support Specialist, Healthcare , Ona, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!