Agency Management Specialist - Minnesota
Company: Selective Insurance
Posted on: June 5, 2021
Selective Insurance is pleased to announce an exciting field
underwriting opportunity. The ideal candidate will utilize both
exceptional underwriting and marketing skills to drive profitable
growth with agency partners. This individual will serve as a
liaison between the company and agents and acts as a relationship
manager for our agents, regional underwriting team and corporate
departments. The Agency Management Specialist will assess the
strengths and weaknesses of agents and assists them in achieving a
mutual goal of profitable growth in both volume and policy count,
and ensure that agents are familiar with and use Selective's
initiatives, products, policies, procedures and services.
- Develop an agency force that pre-qualifies accounts, in-house
rates using CLAS, processing small business using One & Done and/or
the Service Center, and recognizes the value of the AMS position to
help them write new profitable business and achieve agency
- Makes consistent underwriting decisions, adheres to company
pricing philosophies and promotes ease of doing business with
- Monitors agency results and follows up with agent both as to
growth/profitability/share of wallet and compliance with company's
initiatives, procedures and policies.
- Develop professional working relationship with agent, regional
underwriting and claim teams and corporate departments. Assists in
directing BSU technical specialists for regional ITS training of
- Keeps two-way communication between agent and company
continuously open and viable and encourages agent usage of all
Selective systems, including CLAS, PLUS and e-Select.
- Performs inspections as determined by Loss Control Guide. Makes
risk improvement or correction of deficiency recommendations and
promptly follows up on same, documenting the file accordingly.
- Stays alert for and advise company of any industry information,
new ideas, products, or changes in other carrier philosophies that
could positively or adversely affect Selective.
- Audit agents One & Done book of business and provide quality
assurance feedback to agent and underwriting team.
- Meet regularly and frequently with CMS, Loss Control Rep, Bond
Rep, Personal Lines Rep (if applicable) to discuss agency
opportunities for greater growth and profit.
- Must be able to drive an automobile to travel within territory.
Car travel represents approximately 40-50% of employee's time.
Level or Grade will be determined based on experience.
- Must be results oriented with a proven track record in
establishing, prioritizing and achieving business goals.
- Demonstrated superior communication, negotiation & presentation
- Must be a high achiever with superior organizational skills who
is self-motivated, pro-active, flexible, and able to work
independently, from a remote location.
- Must be able to maximize technology to ensure high productivity
(Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and all
internal business related software).
- Must have valid state-issued driver's license in good standing
and be able to drive an automobile.
- College degree preferred with 5+ years underwriting, marketing
or field underwriting experience.
- The following experience is preferred:
3 years Agency Management, rating
2 year Claims, Loss Control - Inspection
Selective is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free
Keywords: Selective Insurance, Huntington , Agency Management Specialist - Minnesota, Other , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!