Senior Account Executive (Evergreen)
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Location: Field - New York
This is an evergreen requisition designed to gather a talent pool
for future available positions
The Senior Account Executive position requires all the essential
job functions and qualifications of the Account Executive position.
The Senior Account Executive must consistency demonstrate
leadership amongst the Managed Markets Department and
cross-functionally. Furthermore, Senior Account Executives must
have market expertise, strong contract negotiation skills, a high
level of performance as it relates to moving the business forward,
and must consistently demonstrate a positive attitude and
commitment to our organizational goals and C.A.R.E. Values. Senior
Account Executives must consistently demonstrate high-level of
ownership and accountability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Creates, delineates, and executes strategy cross
- Orientates with processes and works toward improvement.
- Consistent alignment with organization structure and
- Multi-disciplinary leadership across all functions of the
- Assists and effectively coaches peers in the department as well
as cross functionally.
- Executes broad scale education which helps to upskill the
- Continually stays abreast of industry trends, emerging markets,
and synthesizes to help team become more effective.
- Leads the team in business reviews and business case
- Leads the team in analytics storytelling and strategic planning
for improved gross to net strategies.
- Leader in Account Management which specifically demonstrates a
balanced approach to business relationships.
- Shows great balance in negotiations where challenges could lead
to win/lose results by positioning Avanir in the best case.
- Is Out-front and a demonstrative leader in all regards both
business and organizationally in work ethic, integrity and
- Develop and implement formulary access strategies to gain
preferred and profitable formulary positioning with key regional
accounts consistent with brand and contract strategy.
- Develop and implement contract strategies, including
negotiating and closing contract agreements, designed to maximize
Avanir's position in terms of reimbursement and promote Avanir's
- Assist team in the coordination, creation, and implementation
of strategic pull through plans for regional affiliates of national
accounts located within assigned geography.
- Advise and consult with other members of the Managed Markets
and Field Sales teams in developing pre-launch and launch related
activities to maximize Avanir's market potential within the
- Understands current data and anticipates future trends as well
as share this knowledge with account and Avanir colleagues in ways
to benefit each contact's business.
- Able to independently conduct data analysis including, but not
limited to market share assessment, identification of
product/competitive product trends, preliminary contract deal
parameters like break-even, geographic-based trends, customer's
- Creates and manages strategic business plans for each assigned
account that reflects strong account knowledge and produces results
such as enhanced access.
- Designs and implements strategic account management planning
for each customer meeting that reflects customers' and Avanir's
interests and goals. Involves appropriate people resources in these
- Utilizes resources (marketing tools, field medical, corporate)
to build advocacy within accounts that result in enhanced access
and/or sales. Provides clear expectations, direction, and feedback
for people resources involved with accounts.
- Engages the customer in discussions, projects, results that are
beneficial to Avanir and the account's objectives. Develops
multiple advocates in accounts that forward Avanir's
- Manages budgets within guidelines.
- Develops strategic relationships in multiple departments and at
all levels with accounts and Avanir to identify and seize mutually
beneficial business opportunities.
- Attends industry related meetings to enhance Avanir's awareness
of its products and services and build industry-wide awareness and
- Participates in training objectives for Managed Markets, Field
Sales, Medical Affairs, and Corporate teams to ensure the highest
level of managed care and account skill selling.
- Provides on-going information to Marketing team to ensure
appropriate materials are produced to maximize pull-through
- Coordinates efforts with Medical Affairs Department to present
essential product and disease information to key influencers within
- Actively engages in ongoing self-development and impacts
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities
and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or
- Bachelor's in Business Management, Life Sciences, or related
- Advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years related work experience in the
- Minimum of 4 years in Managed Care or Account management
- 2+ years in management role
- Multi-Disciplinary experience in corporate-office roles. (For
Example: Training, Sales Operations, Marketing preferred.)
- Effectively leads without authority and is title neutral.
- Minimum of two years leading and negotiating contract
- Successfully negotiated an improved contract agreement where
the organization was in a more advantageous position
- Broad-based managed care experience covering multi-state
- Developed a strategic organizational project positively
- Above average communication style and demonstrative strategic
thinker and problem solver.
- Broad-based managed care experience covering a multi-state
- Must have experience negotiating agreements.
- Experience with a CNS/Psychiatry related product(s) is
- Field Sales, including management, experience preferred.
- Regional/National account or PBM experience preferred.
- Experience in corporate-office roles (i.e. Training, Sales
Operations, Marketing) preferred.
- Demonstrates autonomy in decision making.
- Able to communicate accurate product and disease state
information and is viewed as an expert by colleagues and customers
in CNS and related categories.
- Demonstrates extensive understanding of payer marketplace and
customer business, i.e. managed care industry, benefit design,
segment knowledge, and state/ federal policies that impact any of
the above-mentioned areas.
- Demonstrated leadership and excellence in: breadth of contacts
in account; formulating strategies to address future
- Demonstrates the ability to cultivate relationships with those
accounts or individuals that are anticipated to become future key
contacts; serves as a trusted advisor and true business partner,
develops solutions that grow business - driving impact beyond one's
sphere of influence.
- Proactively identifies obstacles that are not obvious to others
and works to overcome them.
- Proficiency with MS Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
This position primarily works in an office environment. It
requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and
frequent walking. Daily use of a computer, phone, office equipment
and other computing and digital devices is required. May be
required to stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings
or walking in the facilities. Some local travel may be necessary,
so the ability to travel by plane, operate a motor vehicle and
maintain a valid Driver's license and/or effectively navigate
public transportation is required. While performing the
responsibilities of the job, the employee must be able to read and
respond to interoffice communications as well as effectively
participate in meetings. The employee is often required to sit and
use their hands and fingers, to lift up to 20 lbs., pull, push,
carry, handle or feel. The employee is required to carry, handle
items, reach with arms and hands, to stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk
or hear. Mental demands may require prolonged concentration,
reading comprehension, understanding and interpretation of
concepts, ideas and philosophies. The physical demands of the
position described herein are essential functions of the job and
employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for
extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those
individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job described unless such accommodations
would cause Avanir an undue burden.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work
environment characteristics are representative of the environment
the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job unless such accommodations would cause Avanir
an undue burden. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is occasionally exposed to moving carts, mechanical
equipment (copiers, computers, coffee machines) and vehicles. May
be subject to smells and odors. The noise level in the work
environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees
through the work area is average and normal.
As an equal opportunity employer, Avanir Pharmaceuticals is
committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal
access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age,
color, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, religion,
genetic information, sexual orientation transgender status, gender
identity, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. All
Avanir Pharmaceuticals employees, officers, principles, agents, and
representatives are expressly prohibited from engaging in unlawful
discrimination. Consistent with federal, state, and
local requirements, Avanir Pharmaceuticals will reasonably
accommodate any qualified individual with a disability if such
accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential
functions or the job, unless doing so would create an undue
Avanir Pharmaceuticals shall abide by the requirements of 41
CFR-60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit
discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of
protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative
action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ
and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Avanir, Huntington , Senior Account Executive (Evergreen), Other , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!