CAT Field Adjuster
Company: American Family Insurance Claims Services
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Location: EC-KS Offsite Kansas
At American Family Insurance Claims Services, we believe
people are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas
and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're
committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers
innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers'
dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance Claims Services is driven by our
customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job
- we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team
in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for
what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey
that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join
our team. Bring your dreams.
R22461 CAT Field Adjuster (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and
your geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$51,200 Compensation Maximum:$82,000
Job Family Summary
Investigates and maintains property/casualty claims. Determines
liability, secures information, reviews coverages, arranges
appraisals, and settles claims. May work in the field or central
The Claim Adjuster position supports the Claim Division goal of
ensuring customer service industry leadership and partners with
agency to deliver seamless claim service. An experienced adjuster
who can work on moderately complex claims. May specialize in
liability, property or catastrophe claims and may be assigned to
either a desk or field adjusting team.
Job Level Summary
- Requires working knowledge and experience in own job
discipline and broadens capabilities.
- Continues to build knowledge of the company, processes
- Performs a range of assignments related to job
- Uses prescribed guidelines or policies in analyzing
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and
- Investigates origin and cause of claims by contacting the
appropriate parties including insureds, claimants, agents,
attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation unit, other
adjusters, public personnel, etc..
- Identifies complex issues and seeks assistance as needed.
Handles claims on a good faith basis.
- Handles both 1st party and 3rd party claims under multiple
policies types and numerous endorsements.
- Conducts on-site inspections when needed, evaluates damages,
and handles claim negotiations with insureds, claimants, attorneys,
- Responds to customer inquiries, makes appropriate decisions and
closes file as needed.
- Interprets and determines policies, leases, by-laws,
declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all
parties for assigned losses.
- Proactively provides all parties with claim process and status
as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if
Education & Licenses
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service.
- Demonstrated experience handling 1st and 3rd party, multi-line
claims across our operating territories.
- Demonstrated experience handling moderately complex
- Solid knowledge and understanding of policies and endorsements
related to casualty coverages.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of each phase of the claim
Additional Job Information:
Prefer candidates in the states of Indiana, Illinois, Kansas,
Missouri but also willing to consider candidates in other
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the
results of applicable background checks.
Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a
non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade
secrets, and inventions.
Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing
employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations.
Sponsorship will not be considered for this position.
When you work at American Family Insurance Claims Services
you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and
financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical,
dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care
of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a
pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In
addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave
are available to support our employees and their families. Interns
and contigent workers are not eligable for American Family
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay Connected: Join our Talent
Keywords: American Family Insurance Claims Services, Huntington , CAT Field Adjuster, Other , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!