Exciting new opportunity for an experienced underwriting
professional looking to expand their exposure to different
territories, policies and agencies within theSouthwest Region!This
newly created role will help manage agency relationships and
underwrite new business submission activity in various open
territories for both small and middle market business as needed in
the region. This critical position will interact heavily with
Selective agents, varied corporate personnel, and other regional
team members. If you like variety, you'll want to check this one
- Works with agents to write new profitable business and achieve
agency goals. Ensures continuity when vacancies occur and ensures a
high level of satisfaction and agency support. Assist busy AMS with
- May market and underwrite large accounts according to
acceptable underwriting criteria, proper classification, and
adherence to company underwriting standards and philosophy.
- Makes consistent underwriting decisions, adheres to company
pricing philosophies and promotes ease of doing business with
Selective. Provides world-class communication and service via
- Monitors agency results and follows up with agent on new
business opportunities, growth/profitability/share of wallet and
compliance with company's initiatives, procedures, and policies.
Provides leadership in finding solutions to problems and ways to
- Develop professional working relationship with agent, regional
underwriting and claim teams and corporate departments.
- Keeps two-way communication between agent and company
continuously open and viable and encourages agent usage of all
Selective systems, including CLAS, PLUS and e-Select.
- Keeps abreast of industry developments, new ideas, products,
or changes in other carrier philosophies that could positively or
adversely affect Selective.
- May assist with other needs within the region, such as
assisting with book roll opportunities or with coverage on the
small business or large accounts underwriting teams.
- May be responsible for limited automobile travel to assigned
agents. Car travel may represent 5% of employees time.
- Highly developed marketing skills.
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on approach.
- Strong technical proficiency in CL underwriting with a broad
underwriting background in Construction, CAPS,
Manufacturing/Wholesale and Mercantile/Service industries
- Demonstrated superior communication, negotiation &
- Must be a high achiever with superior organizational skills
who is self-motivated, pro-active, flexible, and able to work
- Must be able to maximize technology to ensure high
productivity (must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and all internal business related software).
- Strong focus on results.
- Must have valid state-issued driver's license in good standing
and be able to drive an automobile.
- College degree preferred with 5+ years of underwriting,
marketing or field underwriting experience.
- 3+years of Agency Management experience preferred.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and
maintains a drug-free workplace.