Property Large Loss Claims Adjuster (Northern CA)
Company: American Family Insurance Claims Services
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Location: EC-CA Offsite California
Location: NV Reno
Location: CA San Jose
At American Family Insurance Claims Services, we believe
people are an organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas
and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're
committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers
innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers'
dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance Claims Services is driven by our
customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job
- we provide opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team
in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for
what's next, you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey
that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join
our team. Bring your dreams.
R22539 Property Large Loss Claims Adjuster (Northern CA) (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and
your geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$80,000 Compensation Maximum:$128,000
Investigates and maintains property claims in the field of a high
value. Determines liability, secures information, reviews
coverages, arranges appraisals, and settles claims. This is a field
The Claim Complex Property Adjuster position supports the Claim
Division goal of ensuring customer service industry leadership and
partners with agency to deliver seamless claim service. An
experienced adjuster who has achieved mastery in and performs all
areas of claim adjustment activities with the highest degree of
competency and independence. Processes highly complex claims of
significant monetary exposure. Will specialize property claims.
Job Level Summary
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in
own job discipline or field.
- Leads others to solve complex problems.
- Works independently in on the most complex
- May lead functional teams or projects.
- Investigates origin and cause of high exposure claims by
contacting the appropriate parties including insureds, claimants,
agents, attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation
unit, other adjusters, public personnel, etc. Checks for prior
claims and recognizes environmental exposures.
- Participates in High Damage Reviews (HDR) to address coverage
issues and exposure. Handles claims on a good faith basis.
- Handles both 1st party and 3rd party claims under multiple
policies types and numerous endorsements.
- Conducts on-site inspections when needed, evaluates damages and
handles claim negotiations with insureds, claimants, attorneys,
- Responds to customer inquiries, makes appropriate decisions and
closes file as needed.
- Interprets and determines policies, leases, by-laws,
declarations, articles and contract coverages and applies to all
parties for assigned losses. Interprets claim history
- Makes independent decisions but recognizes when assistance is
- Proactively provides all parties with claim process and status
as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.
- Serves as a mentor and subject matter expert for less
Education & Licenses
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven
solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated ability to handle 1st and 3rd party,
multi-line claims across our operating territories.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively
handle complex claims.
- Extensive knowledge of policies and endorsements
- Successfully applied knowledge of each phase of the claim
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if
Additional Job Information:
Large Loss Property Adjusting experience
General Adjuster level candidates encouraged to
Potential Sign-On Bonus
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on
the results of applicable background checks
- Offer to selected candidate in contingent on signing a
non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade
secrets, and inventions
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing
employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations.
Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
When you work at American Family Insurance Claims Services
you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and
financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical,
dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care
of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a
pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In
addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave
are available to support our employees and their families. Interns
and contigent workers are not eligable for American Family
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay Connected: Join our Talent
Keywords: American Family Insurance Claims Services, Huntington , Property Large Loss Claims Adjuster (Northern CA), Other , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!