DevSecOps Engineer I
Company: American Specialty Health
Posted on: June 6, 2021
DevSecOps Engineer I
Technology Remote, Texas Remote, Florida Remote, Indiana Remote,
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a DevSecOps
Engineer I to work with our Information Security Operations
department. This position will provide support to software
engineering/development teams through automation, monitoring,
infrastructure as code, and managing supporting projects as
assigned by manager.
Remote Worker Considerations:
The safety of our employees, both current and future, is ASH's
highest priority. At this time, most of our employees are working
remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are
selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be
able to work from home in a designated work area with
company-provided technology equipment.
- Participates in the development SDLC processes to create,
support, and refine web applications.
- Drives the automation of infrastructure, continuous integration
/ continuous delivery pipelines, service pipelines, flow
architectures and secure technology capabilities that drive
application development velocity and improve access to
- Actively involved in building out new environments for in-house
- Supports application environments including Windows Server,
IIS, SQL Server, load balancing and other 3rd party applications
that interface with in-house built applications.
- Supports and configures TFS/VSTS, Build Servers and Release
- Supports web site/application deployments via VS Release
Management and TFS/VSTS.
- Maintains scripts created to support automation of build and
- Supports Big-IP F5 LTM and related applications as part of
application environments and deployments.
- Maintains automation/scripting via Powershell, DSC, and
- Works with software, infrastructure, network engineers and DBAs
to solve productivity challenges, drive efficiency and automate
environment builds and application releases.
- Supports monitoring solutions to ensure application performance
and availability goals are met.
- Implements and maintains cloud-based infrastructure, security
access policies, and automated provisioning.
- Works with Enterprise Security and development teams to support
vulnerability and software security testing processes and
- Participate in OnCall support rotation and takes ownership of
escalated problem resolution.
- Attends scrum team, departmental and staff meetings to discuss
issues and foster teamwork.
- Attends industry seminars, conferences, training classes and
reads industry journals to stay current on technology and
- Bachelor's degree in a computer or software related field or
equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school
- Two (2) or more years' overall software development or systems
- At least one (1) year in a DevOps, automation, cloud, or CI/CD
- Experience with hybrid and/or public cloud services as part of
- Experience with Agile practices including Scrum and/or Kanban
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools, and
- Familiarity with networking components, protocols, and security
(subnets, firewalls, routing, DNS, HTTP, TLS/SSL, etc.).
- Familiarity with source code management, build and deployment,
application lifecycle, and package management tools such as Git,
Azure DevOps/VSTS, GitHub, TFS, SVN, and Visual Studio.
- Strong, knowledge of the Windows Server operating systems and
- Familiarity with Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Azure Active Directory and Azure public cloud experience as an
individual contributor highly preferred.
- Ability to research and evaluate new and existing tools and
technologies, and effectively communicate engineering decisions to
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (VMware vSphere
- Familiarity with load balancing technologies (F5 BigIP LTM,
Azure FrontDoor/Traffic Manager strongly preferred).
- Familiarity with application monitoring, alerting, and
- Demonstrated passion for operational excellence and continuous
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful
manner and establish and maintain cooperative working
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs
and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to
identify critical core competencies based on success factors and
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing
environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues,
situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects.
Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to
travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and
computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Usual office setting.
This job posting is not applicable in CO.
American Specialty Health is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including
sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin,
disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
OFCCP here .
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if
you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our
career center as a result of your disability. To request an
accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (see
application details) x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: American Specialty Health, Huntington , DevSecOps Engineer I, Other , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!