Field Service Engineer 1 (Ashland, KY)
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Field Service Engineer 1 (Ashland, KY)
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or
remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information
about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will
provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support the Imaging Systems business as an Imaging Field Service
Engineer 1 throughout the Ashland, KY area (will include travel
throughout KY, WV, and OH). This position will be responsible for
customer relationship management through the effective use of
technical knowledge to install, troubleshoot, service, and maintain
equipment at customer sites; generate service revenue; adhere to
state and federal regulatory requirements.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Work to learn and establish rapport with customers.
- Provide appropriate, timely, and regular communications to
customers and internal key stakeholders regarding customer and
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and assist in the
identification and resolution of customer issues. Follow the
appropriate escalation process.
- Provide exceptional customer service by adhering to customer
entitlements, setting clear expectations, and meeting commitments
and arrival times. Begins to gain an understanding of the
customer's business and competitive environment.
- Generate revenue growth by offering solutions aligned with the
- Adopt best practices.
- Proactively schedules activities & makes him/herself available
to assist others.
- Seeks out opportunities to increase capability and capacity
(i.e. may be required to become qualified in multiple modalities,
learns new tools).
- Actively participates as a member of the regional work
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal
regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality,
and safety requirements.
- Manages company assets effectively in accordance with
established Philips processes and guidelines including labor time,
parts ordering and returns, tools and test equipment calibration,
purchase orders, equipment, company vehicles, business
- Performs all administrative duties within established Philips
and regulatory timeframes including timesheets, service work
orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders (FCO), preventative
maintenance (PM), installation documents, site and service
documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Must be qualified and perform work in at least one modality.
May be asked to become qualified in and perform work in multiple
modalities. Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current
industry trends. Seeks out formal and informal training
- Assist in the service call process and progress to the ability
to resolve customer issues independently.
- Assist in the completion of PMs and FCOs and progress to
successfully completing all related tasks independently.
- Assist in the diagnosis and resolution of electronic, network,
and mechanical problems with minimal assistance.
- Utilize tools, support, resources, and escalation processes
within required time frames to resolve customer and system problems
timely and effectively.
- May be asked to perform service work remotely providing
telephone, remote technical support, and remote diagnostics to
external healthcare customers and field partners in order to
resolve customer equipment issues and initiate escalation, if
You are part of
The Imaging Systems Field Service organization. You will benefit
from the team's growing breadth and depth of healthcare products
and services portfolio, and you will be challenged to drive our
best-in-class reputation through top customer experience ratings.
In a "One Team" culture, you'll have the support of an
intrinsically linked group of multi-disciplinary experts who are
driven by a common mission of making the world healthier and more
sustainable. You will contribute to providing the right data,
context, and approach which will change the way we do business and
make a difference for our customers.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills
- Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of
education and experience; BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSMET preferred.
- Experience with diagnostic imaging equipment highly preferred,
especially within a field service environment.
- Knowledge of computers and networking; PC competency to include
utilization of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Ability to understand and apply electronic, mechanical, and
networking theory to install, diagnose, and repair equipment,
including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test
- Ability to understand and utilize technical vocabulary to
perform tasks according to either verbal or written
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and site drawings with
- Ability to display strong organizational and multi-tasking
skills, self-discipline, and autonomy to work independently in a
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements in a complex,
- Ability to effectively operate in a team-driven environment to
achieve assigned goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate, written and verbally, with various
levels of employees and customers.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and driving
record that is compliant with Philips' Fleet Policy.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The average driving time is 1-4 hours daily and may exceed 50%
at times. Occasional overnight stays and travel by air and/or train
may be required.
- Responsible for carrying and monitoring company cell phone and
being available and responsive during scheduled and non-scheduled
hours, except during rest and meal periods as required by
applicable state law.
- Must be flexible in working hours as this position will require
customer support during non-regular business hours, mandatory
overtime on short notice, and/or weekend work as necessary.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to provide
- Job operates in the hospital/medical environment and remotely
from a home office location.
- Potential exposure to hazardous physical, chemical,
radiological and biological agents and loud noise.
- May work in environments where devices producing one or more of
the following may be in use: high levels of radiation, high
magnetic fields, high voltages, compressed and liquefied gases, and
radioactive materials. Strict adherence to corporate and site
safety procedures is mandatory.
- Frequently in contact with electrical equipment. Occasional use
of vibrating tools.
- Frequently using standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, and medical test equipment; regularly speaking, hearing,
and viewing computers.
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 20
pounds. Occasionally lifting or carrying up to 100 pounds, with
assistance available when lifting or carrying items over 50
- Frequently standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and extending
reach. Occasionally twisting and crawling.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required
including, but not limited to, radiation monitoring badge, safety
glasses, hard hats, hard toes shoes, and gloves.
- May be required to adhere to certification/credentialing
required by the customer in connection with admission into its
facilities to perform job duties. Customer requirements may
include, but are not limited to, drug testing and immunizations as
dictated by the customer or facility policy.
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues
in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your
strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips.
Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an
innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent
benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your
talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The
company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this
position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within
commuting distance to Ashland, KY.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create
a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3
billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the
health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected
moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a
personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career
website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once
there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find
answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and
advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion,
gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived
disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military
status or a person's relationship or association with a protected
veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or
domestic partner status, or any other category protected by
federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a
diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for
individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of
1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I
of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that
require accommodation in the job application process may contact
888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password
button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
Keywords: Philips, Huntington , Field Service Engineer 1 (Ashland, KY), Other , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!