MURC Senior Finance Officer
Company: Marshall University
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Banner Position Number R10017 Position Title MURC Senior Finance
Officer Classification Title MURC-Financial Managers Department
Research Corporation - RC1510 Location MURC - MU Research
Corporation Salary Range Commensurate with qualifications and
Responsible for maintaining financial, accounting and payroll
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports,
including Statement of Net Assets; Statement of Revenue,
Expenditures, and Changes in Net Position; Statement of Cash Flows;
and Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards.
- Preparation and monitoring of administrative budget and
- Oversight of grant invoicing and financial reporting
- Reconciliations of payroll and benefits.
- Preparation of tax returns.
- Approval of journal entries.
- Maintenance of Chart of Accounts.
- Monthly reporting to Principal Investigators.
- Preparation of payroll registers.
- Preparation of monthly indirect cost calculation and related
- Design, develop, and review accounting controls assuring
compliance with State, Federal, and Private grant and contract
- Review research accounting procedures, definitions, and
guidelines in technical pronouncements to determine the proper
application to the corporation's accounting system and financial
- Conduct pre-audit of accounting and budgetary transactions to
assure compliance with all regulations and to ensure timely and
accurate processing and posting of accounts.
- Act as a key participant in the annual external audit.
- Assistant in the implementation of upgrades to financial
reporting and systems upgrades.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
Three years of related experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepting accounting principles
and their application to accounting problems with the ability to
interpret, apply and explain these requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of automated accounting systems, and
electronic data processing concepts and the ability to utilize
basic business office software (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet,
and database packages).
- Strong mathematical skills and excellent oral and written
communication skills necessary to explain complex guidelines to
appropriate staff, to justify recommendations and to interact with
regulatory agencies and auditors.
- Knowledge of fund accounting policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of payroll and legal requirements.
- Excellent demonstrated problem solving and interpersonal
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
MBA or CPA preferred.
Posting Number MR0302 Open Date 01/22/2020 Close Date Open Until
Filled Yes Special Instructions Summary
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Keywords: Marshall University, Huntington , MURC Senior Finance Officer, Other , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!