Retail Clerk - Little General
Company: Little General Stores
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Employer: Little General Stores
Position Overview: The Customer Service Representative is Little
General's primary customer contact. They perform all sales
transactions, make sure the store is properly stocked, and share in
the duties of keeping the store clean and safe. Must be minimum
eighteen (18) years of age to sell tobacco, lottery products and
Position Classification: Full Time or Part Time
Position Reports To: Retail Store Manager and/or Assistant
Minimum Education: Must be able to speak, read and write in
Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry boxes and /or equipment
weighing up to 50 pounds;
Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time (95%),
Ability to climb, balance, reach, grab, stoop, crawl, bend, and
crouch for extended periods;
Ability to use close, distant, color and peripheral vision, depth
perception and visual focus.
Ability to smell and identify odors;
Ability to clearly hear and interpret voice commands and telephone
1. Present a well-groomed, professional image at all times.
2. Have a positive attitude. Greet and welcome all customers with a
3. Help customers locate product(s) whenever necessary.
4. "Upsell" related products whenever appropriate.
5. Record all sales on cash register and collect payment. Provide
correct change if required.
6. Understand all approved payment systems and transaction
7. Understand and strictly follow state laws regarding lottery,
alcohol and tobacco sales.
8. Promote enrollment and participation in all Loyalty Programs.
(Plenti, BP, etc.)
9. Closely observe property and report any suspicious activity to
the Manager on duty.
10. Monitor gas pumps to prevent "drive off" theft. Report all
occurrences to Manager on duty.
11. Report any malfunctioning equipment or systems to the Manager
12. Stock coolers and shelves to ensure products are available and
13. Maintain sanitary conditions in all food service areas to meet
local health standards.
14. Actively participate in cleaning and maintaining a safe
15. Adhere to Locked Door policy if in effect.
16. Understand and be able to execute all security and emergency
17. Report any customer accident or injury the Manager on duty.
18. Understand and adhere to all Little General corporate and
19. Report any problem to the Manager on Duty.
20. Complete Daily Shift Report at the end of each shift.
21. Other duties as may be assigned.
Keywords: Little General Stores, Huntington , Retail Clerk - Little General, Other , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!