Community Nurse Manager
Company: Elmcroft Senior Living
Posted on: June 8, 2021
$$ 2,500 $$ SIGN ON
Come Join a Team where
you make a difference!
#EclipseEnriches - Grow
Your Career at Elmcroft Today!
If you are interested in
joining a team dedicated to a mission of "enriching the lives of
those who live and work with us by responding to their unique needs
and universal desire for dignity and respect," Apply Now!Find what
calls to you and enjoy some of the following rewards:
- Polo shirts, and
- Medical plan choices - we
share in the cost!
- Tuition Reimbursement to
foster your continued growth and development!
- 401k Retirement Benefit -
let us tell you about our match!
- Life and Long-Term
Disability Insurance and a Live and Work Well benefit at no
- Dental, Vision, Short
Term Disability, Accident, and Identity Theft Protection - You
And more perks!
- Friendly and supportive
management team to train and assist you
- Build meaningful and
lasting relationships with your residents
Making a living and making
TheCommunity Nurse Manager (Resident Services Director)is
responsible for the overall implementation, delivery, and
coordination of resident services at the community.
Directly supervises allassociates of the nursing department.Is
responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation
of this department.Carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the organization's policies and applicable
laws.Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and
trainingassociates; planning, assigning, anddirecting work;
appraisingperformance; rewardingand discipliningassociates;
addressingcomplaints and resolving problems.
May be responsible for the community in the absence of
- Iscompletely familiar with the state regulations governing
Assisted Living, ensuringcompliance in department by regularly
reviewing regulations checklist.
- Performs timely and accurate resident assessments utilizing
assessmenttool, andcommunicates changes to theExecutive Directorfor
- Consistently monitor infection control practices.
- Manageslabor hoursso that all labor dollars are within
operating budget as tied to census and acuity.Utilizes staffing
models to guide scheduling, daily/weekly Kronos reports to monitor
labor use and overtime, and bi-weekly labor reports to review hours
- Manages expenses within given budget parameters utilizing
- Providesoversight with medication management to assure all
MAR's are correct and that the residents receive medications timely
and accurately.Workswith consultant pharmacist as needed to assure
communityis in compliance.
- Performs a Level of Care (LOC) assessment prior to resident
move in day, 30 days aftermovein, every 6 months, upon return from
alternate setting, and upon change of condition and entered
- All charting is performed timely and in accordance with state
- Oversee that call lights are answered within 3-7 minutes or
state guidelines, whichever is less.
- Providestimely and honest communication with families in order
to promote good relationshipsand keep them informed about
resident's condition and community events.
- Oversee the Care Connect program in conjunction with the
Community Relations director to ensure each new resident makes a
happy, healthy transitions to the community.
- Ensure that incident reports are completed on the shift during
which the incident occurred andentered intoCareTraker.
- Minimizes Worker's Compensation claims by providinginservicesin
high-risk areas and proactively working with Risk Management to
reduce dollar costs when claims do occur.Directsassociates in need
of health care to the most appropriate level of care, listed on our
Worker's Compensation list of approved doctors and hospitals.
- Maintainsoutreach and education efforts throughout the
community to promote the marketing effort.
- Complete and submit a weekly report to ED, RDQS, and RDO by
noon every Thursday.
- Providesmarketing support within the community by participating
in tours and discussions with potential residents and their
families.Provide assessments for potential residents to determine
their eligibility for Assisted Living.
- Creates positiveassociaterelations through staff appreciation
programs, recognition of excellent performance, and retention
through regular feedback systems and promotional incentive
- Ensure that any episodic event is documented in the resident's
chart per Elmcroft documentation policy and practice.
- Hires and trains personnel in accordance with Power Hiring
techniques.Providesappropriate performance feedback throughout the
year.Disciplines and terminatesassociates based on Elmcroft Human
- Arranges for required and appropriate orientation, education,
training, andinservicesfor staff in accordance with licensing
requirements, state guidelines, and the needs of the
community.Document all training as required.
- Provides appropriate guidance forassociates by planning work
schedules, assigning work duties while on shift, and directing the
workon a daily basis.
- Offer a care conference a minimum of every 6 months or with any
change in condition with resident, family member, other staff, RSD,
and ED at a designated day and time.
- Provide on-call backup to community when not on duty.
- Participates in the Manager on Duty Program.
- Is fully knowledgeable of the fire evacuation and disaster
policy of the community and participates as assigned in fire and
- Driving for community business purposes including but not
limited to, driving for sales calls/trips, marketing trips,
visiting residents outside of the community, attending funerals for
residents, assessing a potential or current resident at home, a
hospital, a rehabilitation facility, a skilled nursing facility or
a competitor's community, attending training or providing coverage
for another associate at another community, attending industry
association meetings, attending off-site company meetings, and
going to the store to purchase items for the community.
- Demonstrates an understanding of compliance and ethicsprogram
policies and procedures.
- Ensure all discharged residents are reviewed and closed by the
5thworking day after discharge from the community.
- Completes all mandatory compliance, HIPAA and state and federal
regulatory training as required.
- Maintains appropriate degree of confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned and which relate to the
success of Elmcroft and the Care, Comfort, and Happiness of our
- Education:A minimum of aone yearcertificate from an accredited
college or technical school; three to six months related experience
- LPN/LVN/RN license required.
- Must be21 years of age andin possession ofa valid state
- Have and maintain clean driving record.
- Travel may be required as needed.
Keywords: Elmcroft Senior Living, Huntington , Community Nurse Manager, Other , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!