The Hershel "Woody" Williams VA Medical Center, Huntington, WV
is recruiting for an Internal Medicine or Family Practice Physician
to serve as a full-time primary care provider. This individual will
work five days a week at the Hershel "Woody" Williams VA Medical
Center, Huntington, WV as a PACT Team Provider. Schedule will be
8:00am-4:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Learn more about this agency
Duties are to include, but are not limited to:
- Routine history/physical exams
- Provide diagnosis
- Conduct preliminary electrocardiogram interpretation
- Conduct preliminary routine chest, bone and soft tissue x-ray
- Perform simple suture removal on uncomplicated cases
- Provide provision of treatment including consultation for
patients to treat general medical problems
- Be able to perform, in emergency situations, all procedures
necessary to stabilize a patient until definitive therapy can be
initiated by appropriately trained practitioners.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 8:00AM - 4:30PM, Monday - Friday
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Education and length of practice are considered through a formal
pay-setting process to determine the final compensable salary (Base
Pay + Market Pay)
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction
Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You
must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in
accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within
four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000)
and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the
VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete
review of the EDRP application. Learn more
Paid Time Off: Annual leave at the rate of eight (8) hours per
biweekly pay period; Sick leave at the rate of four (4) hours per
biweekly pay period
Insurance: A career with the U.S. Government provides employees
with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you
and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are
designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more
about federal benefits.
Take a look at VA's Top 20 Reasons Doctors Enjoy Working at VA
and VHA Physician's Brochure
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this
0602 Medical Officer
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is
not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or
certification/licensure requirements may be referred and
tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed
when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance
with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting
from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The
degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by
the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course
of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or
surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United
States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved
by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core
specialty training program leading to eligibility for board
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: None
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part
II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be
found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: The work requires some physical exertion
including periods of walking, standing, regular and recurring
bending, stooping, lifting heavy objects such as assisting patients
on and off examination tables.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities,
schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal
employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/.
If you are using foreign education to meet qualification
requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency
with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
For further information, visit: