Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant-Home Health
Company: LHC Group
Posted on: September 11, 2021
St. Mary's Home
Health, a part of LHC Group is the preferred post-acute
care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide.
From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and
community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective
care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with
LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More
hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are
united by a single, shared purpose: It's all
about helping people.
* Full-Time or PRN
- Under the supervision of an Occupational Therapist, is at all
times responsible to follow all state specific laws governing
theprovision of occupational therapy in home care, to follow the
treatment set only as defined by the Occupational Therapist; to
perform only those procedures that he/she is qualified and trained
to perform and to make all recommendations for changes in the plan
of care to the supervising Occupational Therapist.
- Following the plan of care, leads the patient in the use of
therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities to improve
functioning and safety.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising OT, the
supervising nurse, and/or the physician the patient's response to
treatment and changes in the patient's condition.
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and other members of the
health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can
participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; completes a
progress note for each visit and submits progress notes per LHC
- Participates in developing the Plan of Treatment.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current OTA licensure in the state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Keywords: LHC Group, Huntington , Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant-Home Health, Other , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!