Outside Plant Technician B
Company: Frontier Communication
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Outside Plant Technician
Performs work associated with the installation, removal of
rearrangement of outside plant facilities. Connecting wires
and cables to terminals and attaching or detaching various kinds of
hardware to wires, cables, buildings or poles. Keeps reports
and records and performs other duties as may be assigned. May
be assigned to other work locations as needed.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Performing work operations in connection with providing
- Placing, rearranging and removing outside telephone plant,
including aerial, underground, submarine, buried, block and house
cables, poles, and associated hardware fixtures and equipment.
Trimming trees may also be required.
- Connecting wires and cables to terminals and attaching or
detaching various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings or
poles. Placing various terminals and/or cabinets, as required.
- Inspecting, repairing and maintaining wire and cables and
- Operating construction type equipment, such as winches, chain
saws, hydraulic aerial lifts, and using large hand tools in placing
wires and related materials.
- Works aloft; climbs ladders and poles; enter tunnels,
buildings, trenches, crawl spaces, manholes, and other confined
spaces to accomplish job tasks.
- Reading and interpreting engineering plans.
- Digging holes, placing poles, laying cable and conduit in the
ground, unrolling cable, placing fiber interduct and pulling and
stringing wire and cable from pole to pole.
- Drain water and remove any debris from manholes adhering to
established guidelines and procedures.
- Operating Company motor vehicles of varying gross weights which
may be used to tow auxiliary equipment and supplies such as, poles,
cable reels, generator pumps, etc. in a safe manner.
- Locating buried underground cable and wire may be
- Interacting with non-Frontier technicians in joint use and/or
- Completing all related administrative paperwork, time and
material reporting (time sheets), inspection reports, inventory
- Works outside in all weather conditions.
- Recognize and take proper precautions when working near any
- May be required to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- May be required to perform additional duties and tasks as
required by the Company.
Must meet safety-related requirements including but not limited
to those standards of safety imposed by OSHA, state agencies,
manufacturers and/or the company.
Must be able to perform physical requirements of the job, with
or without a reasonable accommodation, including, but not limited
to, perceiving differences in wire cable colors, moving and/or
lifting items such as ladders, tools, air tanks, cable reels, test
equipment and other objects weighing up to 100 pounds, working
aloft; climbing ladders and poles, and entering tunnels, buildings,
trenches, crawl spaces, manholes, and other confined spaces to
accomplish job tasks.
Security background investigation may be required.
Must be able to communicate effectively with customers.
Non-scheduled days will be required as needs of the business
Must meet applicable federal and state standards for operating
the size vehicles covered by this job title.
A Commercial Driver's License, CLASS A (CDL-A) or CLASS B
(CDL-B) is required. To obtain the CDL-A or CDL-B license, the
employee/applicant must qualify on the Department of
Transportation's CDL license physical, written, and skills
qualifications tests. If applicant does not have a valid CDL
license at the time of hire, he/she will be required to obtain such
license within six months of hire date.
Training generally includes pole climbing, classroom and
on-the-job instruction. May include Department of Transportation
training and safe driving courses. Students are required to meet
training standards in order to be retained in the job.
Keywords: Frontier Communication, Huntington , Outside Plant Technician B, Other , HUNTINGTON, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!