Care Coach - Kentucky Medicaid
Posted on: November 26, 2022
DescriptionThe Care Coach 1 assesses and evaluates member's
needs and requirements to achieve and/or maintain optimal wellness
state by guiding members/families toward and facilitate interaction
with resources appropriate for the care and wellbeing of members.
The Care Coach 1 work assignments are often straightforward and of
moderate complexity.ResponsibilitiesThis position employs a variety
of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage a member's
health issues. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder
effective care. Ensures patient is progressing towards desired
outcomes by continuously monitoring patient care through use of
assessment, data, conversations with member, and active care
planning. Understands own work area professional
concepts/standards, regulations, strategies and operating
standards. Makes decisions regarding own work approach/priorities,
and follows direction. Work is managed and often guided by
precedent and/or documented procedures/regulations/professional
standards with some interpretation.The Care Coach 1 assesses and
evaluates member's needs and requirements in order to establish a
member specific care plan and coordinates services.
- Manages a caseload of obstetric members and families.
- Ensures members are receiving services in the least restrictive
setting in order to achieve and/or maintain optimal well-being by
assessing their care needs.
- Planning and implementing interventions to meet those
- Coordinating services, and monitoring and evaluating the case
management plan against the member's personal goals.
- Guides members/families towards resources appropriate for their
care. Services are driven by facilitating interactions with other
payer sources, providers, interdisciplinary teams and others
involved in the member's care as appropriate and required by our
- Potential visits to meet with Medicaid members in their homes,
other care settings, and/or community events - local
travel.Required Qualifications:Care Coaches shall meet one of the
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, or
Public Health OR experienced Obstetrics/Women's Health, Mother/Bay
Licensed Practical Nurse, LPN, licensed in the state of Kentucky
without disciplinary action with at least 2 years of relevant
- All other levels of education must have a minimum of 2 years
professional experience working as a Birth Worker.Care Coaches
shall also meet all of the following Requirements:
- Strong advocate for members at all levels of care.
- Strong understanding and respect of all cultures and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate or better working knowledge using MS Office
Products; Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.Additional Requirements
/ AdherenceWorkstyle : Remote Work at HomePreferred Locations:
Eastern, Southern, or Western KentuckyAlternate States: May
consider cities that are in close proximity of the preferred
Kentucky regionsl listed above - States include West Virginia,
Tennessee, Indiana, and OhioTravel:
- The department is not travling at this time, but there is
opportunity in the future for local visits to meet with Medicaid
members in their homes, other care settings, and/or community
events - local travel.Schedule: The department provides opportunity
for a flexible scheduleOption 1:
- Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EasternOption 2:
- 4 10 hour shifts Monday through Friday
- 10 hour Shift must be scheduled between 7:00 AM and 5:30 PM
- May select one of the following days off, Monday, Wednesday or
- Leader approval required following successful completion of
trainingHumana Safety Driver Policy: If this role is This role is
part of Humana's Driver safety program and therefore requires an
individual to have:
- a valid state driver's license,
- access to reliable transportation,
- and proof of personal vehicle liability insurance with at least
100,000/300,000/100,000 limits.Work at Home Requirements:
- Must have the ability to provide a high-speed DSL or cable
modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and
work from home in the state of California will be provided payment
for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10
(25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect
member PHI / HIPAA informationTuberculosis (TB) Screening:
- This role is considered patient facing and is a part of
Humana's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this
role, you will be required to be screened for TB.Preferred
- Experience working in Newborn and or NICU.
- Medication application (RFA) experience.
- Prior experience with Medicaid recipients.
- Prior care case management experience.
- Previous experience with electronic case note documentation and
experience with documenting in multiple computer
- Experience with health promotion, coaching and wellness.
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and
additional community resources.
- Case Management CertificationCovid Requirement Policy:Humana
and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside
of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19
boosters. This position will require proof of Covid-19 vaccination
upon offer acceptance during the background screening process and
prior to the start date. Preferred Qualifications:
- Associate / Bachelor's Degree
- Strong preference for experience in member services and a call
center environment specifically but not limited to Medicare &
- Previous experience with electronic case-note documentation and
experienced with documenting in multiple computer
- Knowledge of community health and social service agencies and
additional community resources. Additional Information:Interview
- As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting
interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party
vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring
managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
- If you are selected to move forward from your application
prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to
participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text
Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview,
you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone.
You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15
- If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a
series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone to
answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to
last anywhere from 5- 10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via
text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will
subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next
round of interviews.Scheduled Weekly Hours40Humana complies with
all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We also provide
free language interpreter services. See our
Keywords: Humana, Huntington , Care Coach - Kentucky Medicaid, Other , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!