Manufacturing Supervisor - Huntington, WV
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: January 18, 2023
United States of America
State / County
PCC Energy Group
The Special Metals Corporation group of companies was created in
the latter part of 1998 when Special Metals Corporation of New
Hartford, New York, acquired Inco Alloys International, including
its Huntington Alloys and Wiggin Alloys divisions. In 2006, Special
Metals Corporation became a part of Precision Castparts Corp., a
worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products.
With a history of alloy technology now going back some 100 years,
our company continues to provide solutions to difficult materials
problems through such time-tested products as our world-recognized
INCONEL, INCOLOY, NIMONIC, UDIMET, MONEL and NILO alloys.Today's
Special Metals is a world leader in the invention, production and
supply of the high-nickel, high-performance alloys used for the
difficult jobs in engineering. These alloys are highly engineered
to offer a superior combination of heat resistance,
high-temperature corrosion resistance, toughness and strength and
are used in the world's most technically demanding industries and
applications. Special Metals offers the largest range of nickel
alloys and product forms, as well cobalt alloys, to more than ten
worldwide markets. We produce nickel alloys in all standard mill
forms, from large ingots and billets to plate, sheet, strip,
tubing, bar and wire, the latter of which includes core and filler
wires for welding products. The company has manufacturing and
research facilities in the USA and Europe, sales offices in North
America, Europe and Asia, and a distribution network including most
of the industrialized countries of the world.Special Metals
Corporation is the world's premier inventor, developer and producer
of nickel alloy and cobalt alloys-with a portfolio of more than 100
alloy compositions, wrought products and welding consumables, over
80 percent of which were invented in our own laboratories. All
created to help redefine what's possible in the world of energy and
industry.Our time-tested nickel alloys are highly engineered to
offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high temperature
and corrosion resistance, toughness and strength for the most
demanding applications. No other single manufacturer offers such a
comprehensive range of game-changing alloy compositions and product
forms.With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000
employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader
in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Supervisor, Manufacturing position is based in Huntington, WV
and Burnaugh, KY. The Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible
for supervising shop employees in a manufacturing environment. This
position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures
and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment,
operating procedures and working conditions.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Responsible for making reasonable provisions for the safety of
each employee under his/her charge.
* Responsible for training and coaching the production staff on
health and safety.
* Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve
positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all
* Responsible for production planning to meet the goals of the
* Maintain proper inventory levels.
* Develop practices and processes to enhance productivity and
* Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching
and development. Resolve employee issues through problem
* Manage departmental performance measures and provides regular
progress reports to manager.
* Manage department priorities.
* Troubleshoot all issues or problems.
* Perform accident investigations.
* Administers and interprets various labor agreements and responses
* Accountable for traditional administrative tasks such as tracking
absenteeism and timekeeping.ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience.
* Prior experience as a Manufacturing Supervisor in a heavy
industrial environment desired.
* Prior experience in building best practices for health and safety
in a production environment.
* Proven ability to manage and lead a team to success.SPECIAL
* Utilizing knowledge of production to enhance, improve and
maintain planning and quality of production.
* Excellent problem solving/analysis and troubleshooting
* Positive leadership required.
* Impeccable communication skills both verbal and written.
* Ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
* Performance management.COMPETENCIES
* Results driven
* Quality control
* Staff development
* Job knowledge / technical knowledge
* Hands-on, take charge attitude
* Time managementADDITIONAL NOTES
* The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to
this position.PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - FREQUENTLY MOVES ABOUT THE PRODUCTION
FACILITIES. MUST BE ABLE TO DETECT UNSAFE CONDITIONS FROM LONG
DISTANCES. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL
WORK ENVIRONMENT - THE PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT REQUIRES THE EMPLOYEE
TO WORK BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE IN HEAT/COLD, WET/HUMID AND
DRY/ARID CONDITIONS. FREQUENTLY REQUIRED THE USE OF PERSONAL
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT TO PREVENT EXPOSURE TO HAZARDOUS MATERIALS.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH
DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.(This position is
eligible for a referral bonus per the PCC Metals Group Referral
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Huntington , Manufacturing Supervisor - Huntington, WV, Other , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!