Ironton - Transloader (Rail)
Company: Marmon Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of
Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely
heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial
spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and
retaining top talent.
Why Join Our Team?
We take pride in offering our employees rich benefits packages. We
appreciate and value safety conscious, hard-working individuals
which is why we offer...
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Company-paid Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- Company-paid Sickness and Accident Income
- 401k Matching
- Annual safety shoe reimbursement
- Prescription safety wear
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Discount Program - part of Marmon/Berkshire
Who Are We?:
Railserve is a leading provider of in-plant rail switching,
transloading, and material handling services - operating at over 75
locations in North America. We use our own locomotives and
employees to safely move railcars within industrial, manufacturing,
and production plants. However, we're not just rail car movers. We
also provide a number of other services which include: rail car
loading, rail car unloading, track maintenance, inspection or
repair, and many others. Railserve's parent company is The Marmon
Group and was founded in 1953. The Marmon Group is a global
organization comprised of over 175 independent manufacturing and
service businesses. Railserve is part of Marmon's Rail & Leasing
Division. The Marmon Group is part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of
the world's largest and most successful companies. You may have
heard of our Chairman and CEO, Mr. Warren Buffet, who is one of the
most well-respected investors/businessmen in North America and
throughout the world.
The primary focus of this position involves pumping liquid
chemicals, liquid petroleum products, and other liquids from tank
What You Would Be Doing:
- Verifies tank car numbers with loading instructions to ensure
accurate placement of cars by crew.
- Connects ground cable to carry off static electricity.
- Removes and replaces or gives directions to another worker to
open and close man-way covers.
- Inspects interior for cleanliness and exterior for leaks or
- Reads meter to verify specified volume of liquids to be
- Seals outlet valves on bottom and top of car.
- Connects hose to bottom outlet valves on cars when unloading
- Starts pumps or turns valves to admit compressed air into tank
car and force liquids into storage tanks.
- Install vapor release valves.
- Tests sample for specific gravity and records reading on
- Cleans exterior of tank cars or tank trucks.
- Inspects safety valve, vacuum relief valve, rubber gaskets on
valves and cover plates, and replaces defective parts.
- Operates electric, diesel-electric, or gas-turbine-electric
locomotive, interpreting train orders, train signals, and rules and
regulations, and transporting freight.
- Inspects locomotive before operating to verify specified fuel,
sand, water, and other supplies.
- Receives starting signal from Foreman or Operator Helper and
moves controls, such as throttle and airbrakes, to move
- Observes track to detect obstructions.
- Interprets train orders, train signals, and rules and
regulations to operate locomotive, following safety regulations,
operating procedures, and switching schedule.
- Wears required personal protective equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who Are We Looking For?
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary
to perform the essential duties of this position. To be successful
in this position, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must have High School diploma (or equivalent)
- Military experience helpful
- Mechanically inclined and enjoys working with hand tools
- Someone who enjoys training and is a life-long learner
- Someone who enjoys working outdoors
What is Required?
- Must have a safety mindset and understand the importance of
adhering to established safety policies and procedures.
- Must have track record of being dependable and punctual; must
have reliable transportation to get to work every day.
- Possess the ability to communicate in a variety of ways
(verbal, non-verbal, and written) and be a good listener.
- Ability to assess multiple tasks and develop a plan to complete
them in a timely manner.
- Must have the ability to work well with others as part of a
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand and walk. The employee is required to sit; reach
with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move heavy weights. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
- Must follow prescribed safety rules.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort involved. Lifts and carries
necessary equipment to perform essential duties.
- Climbs, walks, and balances on top of cars.
- Uses hand tools, power tools, and various industrial
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates
will be required to complete additional job-related screening
processes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to their membership in
any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to
complete your application or any part of the recruiting process,
please email your request to email@example.com, and please be sure
to include the title and the location of the position for which you
Keywords: Marmon Holdings, Inc., Huntington , Ironton - Transloader (Rail), Other , Ironton, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!