Senior Production Coordinator (Toll) - Huntington, WV
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: May 24, 2023
United States of America
State / County
PCC Energy Group
The Special Metals Corporation group of companies was created in the latter part of 1998 when Special Metals Corporation of New Hartford, New York, acquired Inco Alloys International, including its Huntington Alloys and Wiggin Alloys divisions. In 2006, Special Metals Corporation became a part of Precision Castparts Corp., a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products. With a history of alloy technology now going back some 100 years, our company continues to provide solutions to difficult materials problems through such time-tested products as our world-recognized INCONEL, INCOLOY, NIMONIC, UDIMET, MONEL and NILO alloys.Today's Special Metals is a world leader in the invention, production and supply of the high-nickel, high-performance alloys used for the difficult jobs in engineering. These alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high-temperature corrosion resistance, toughness and strength and are used in the world's most technically demanding industries and applications. Special Metals offers the largest range of nickel alloys and product forms, as well cobalt alloys, to more than ten worldwide markets. We produce nickel alloys in all standard mill forms, from large ingots and billets to plate, sheet, strip, tubing, bar and wire, the latter of which includes core and filler wires for welding products. The company has manufacturing and research facilities in the USA and Europe, sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a distribution network including most of the industrialized countries of the world.Special Metals Corporation is the world's premier inventor, developer and producer of nickel alloy and cobalt alloys-with a portfolio of more than 100 alloy compositions, wrought products and welding consumables, over 80 percent of which were invented in our own laboratories. All created to help redefine what's possible in the world of energy and industry.Our time-tested nickel alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high temperature and corrosion resistance, toughness and strength for the most demanding applications. No other single manufacturer offers such a comprehensive range of game-changing alloy compositions and product forms.With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
This position provides technical input for materials requested for melts and plans steps for finish job at the Huntington, Burnaugh and Elkhart facilities. This person must be motivated to solve problems and help drive analysis and continuous improvement of raw material utilization. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Assist with plans and preparation of production schedules for manufacture of industrial or commercial products. Helps draw up master schedules to establish sequence and lead time for each operation to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
* Assist in forecasting and measuring individual circuit and combined business unit capacities and delivery integrity.
* Direct circuit activities to ensure efficient, timely and complete responses to inquiries.
* Help direct process and flow improvement activity in the circuits.
* Provide guidance to Management on capacity, capability and cost efficient production issues.
* Coordinates product availability and deliveries with the appropriate Company personnel and the customer.
* Releases production orders (WIP jobs) to the operations team for either production or finished goods in inventory.
* Responsible for enhancing Company relations through meeting with customers and distributor representatives.
* Interface with manufacturing personnel, purchasing departments, shipping supervisors, and the commercial group on material status and production planning issues.
* Monitor works in progress.ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* College degree a plus - Business, Engineering or Systems.
* 6 - 8 years in a manufacturing environment; production planning experience plus.
* Works under minimum supervision with HBE established policies and procedures.
* Strong knowledge of MS Office especially spreadsheets and databases.SPECIAL SKILLS
* Self-motivated and achievement oriented.
* Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
* High attention to detail.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills a must
* Strong organizational skills.
* Excellent computer skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills are needed for communicating with customers and colleagues.
* Good time-management skills
* Ability to meet tight deadlines at all times and multi-task
* Product knowledge and cost efficiency
* Problem solving
* Good judgment, a sense of initiative and a professional working manner
* Ability to think clearly and calmy when under pressureADDITIONAL NOTES
* The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - MUST BE ABLE TO FREQUENTLY REMAIN IN A STATIONARY POSITION. MUST BE ABLE TO OCCASIONALLY MOVE ABOUT INSIDE THE OFFICE TO ACCESS FILE CABINETS, OFFICE MACHINERY, ETC. CONSTANTLY OPERATES A COMPUTER AND OTHER OFFICE PRODUCTIVITY MACHINERY, SUCH AS A CALCULATOR, COPY MACHINE, AND COMPUTER PRINTER. EMPLOYEES WILL ON OCCASION BE REQUIRED TO ENTER INTO OR WORK IN A MILL ENVIRONMENT. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
WORK ENVIRONMENT - WORK PRIMARILY IN A CLIMATE CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENT WITH MINIMAL SAFETY/HEALTH HAZARD POTENTIAL. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Huntington , Senior Production Coordinator (Toll) - Huntington, WV, Professions , Huntington, West Virginia
here to apply!