Company: Precision Castparts
Posted on: November 15, 2023
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit. PCC is relentless
in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth. In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Summary:Maintenance Technician reports to Supervisor/Manager and
performs preventative and all other maintenance duties as assigned.
- Follows all facility safety programs/polices.
- Rotate between various areas within facility.
- Receives written and/or verbal instructions from
- Reads and interprets blueprints, diagrams and sketches. Makes
minor sketches as necessary.
- Installs, repairs, dismantles and/or removes electrical,
mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and production and auxiliary
equipment and service lines.
- Fabricates and installs metal stock to form piece(s) of
specified size and shape.
- Welds, brazes, and/or solders metal stock, pipe, and wire as
- Performs or directs preventive maintenance duties.
- Uses micrometers, gauges, test equipment, etc., as
- Unstops sewers and drains and cleans equipment parts as
- Operates floor-controlled crane, industrial truck and/or other
motorized equipment to handle equipment, parts, supplies, etc.
- Lubricates plant equipment as required.
- Directs and performs general housekeeping duties in work area
- Provides assistance to departmental operators in various
auxiliary type work.
- Follows directives to identify supplies/tools needed to perform
specific maintenance tasks and completes maintenance tasks in a
- Completes all applicable documentation related to job
- Communicate quality and safety concerns to appropriate
- Keep a clean and well-maintained workspace.
- All other duties as assigned. Tools and Equipment: Stationary
and portable power tools, computer shaft alignment, manlift,
electric and oxygen-acetylene welding equipment, floor-controlled
crane, industrial truck, hoists, slings, welder's face shield,
miscellaneous mechanic's hand tools, etc. Materials processed or
used: Metal shapes, pipe and tubing, welding electrodes, solder,
lubricants, oxygen and acetylene, bolts, nuts, filters, gaskets,
packing, valves, couplings, flanges, etc., lumber, etc. Directs
Work of: Trainee and other hourly maintenance personnel as
- High School Diploma and/or GED.
- Must be able to wear all PPE as required.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the
- Must have the ability and willingness to work any shifts,
including nights, holidays and overtime.
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs.
- Must have the ability to bend, twist and stretch arms above
head and walk or stand for long periods of time.
- Good communication Skills.
- Work well with a team and collaborate with employees from other
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules
and written work instructions.
- Ability to progress through on the job training.
- Follow company procedures and directives
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
This position requires use of information or access to production
processes subject to national security controls under U.S. export
control laws and regulations (including, but not limited to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export
Administration Regulations (EAR)). To be qualified to work in this
facility, a successful applicant must be a U.S. Person, as defined
in those regulations, and able to supply evidence of that
qualification prior to starting work or be authorized to receive
controlled information under a specific license or permission from
the relevant government agency. The U.S. export control regulations
define a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S.
Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), and certain
categories of Asylees and Refugees.
Keywords: Precision Castparts, Huntington , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!