Company: Fuchs Lubricants Co.
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Fuchs Lubricants Co. is the United States operating unit of Fuchs
Petrolub S.E., the world's largest independent manufacturer of
specialty lubricants with global sales of over $2.4 Billion. We
provide high quality lubricants and services to a wide range of
industries such as automotive, appliance, aerospace manufacturers,
pharmaceuticals, transportation, mining, and energy. The
organization is constantly developing new technology to meet the
ever-changing demands of modern industry and we are recognized for
providing world-class technical support to our strong customer
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
The Plant Manager reports to our VP of Operations and is a vital
part of the Huntington leadership team. This very important
position is responsible for leading and coordinating the schedule
and activities concerned with production, project management,
process improvement, and managing all aspects of the maintenance
department in a two-shift operation at our Huntington, WV
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of the
production operators by liaising with customer service, the
warehouse, procurement, and maintenance.
- Confers with management to establish production and quality
control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and obtain
data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery
dates of products ordered.
- Conducts employee safety/communication meetings and ensures
that all Team Members follow Fuchs safety policies, work rules,
housekeeping (5S), and S.O.P.s.
- Reviews and analyzes production and operational reports to
determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and
operating or production problems, and implements improvements to
- Manages capital budget for projects including preparation of
capital request forms, procurement activities with equipment
suppliers and local union trades, regular preparation of capital
spending reports and assisting in capital planning for future
- Prepares detailed project schedules outlining the proposed work
processes associated with capital projects. Communicates progress
on a regular basis along with schedule delays and successes.
- Completes process engineering activities as required including
developing flow diagrams, P&ID's, equipment specifications and
layouts, preparing mass and energy balances, scope definition,
gaining and reconciling project team input, preparing construction
sequencing, and managing and coordinating construction
- Develops commissioning plans and communications plans for
operators and FUCHS personnel.
- Prepares and manages project documents including both paper and
- Responsible for site maintenance staff and resolving all
technical maintenance issues.
- Ensures compliance to all state and federal regulations and
designs/implements effective preventative maintenance programs to
reduce all downtime, including the auditing of safety systems.
- Prepares reports as needed to ensure compliance to all state
and federal laws.
- Analyzes all equipment requirements and assists in requisition
of all tools and equipment
- Reviews and recommends improvements to SOP procedures and
performs troubleshooting on all plant activities.
- Recommends and implements capital projects designed to improve
the reliability and productivity of the facility.
- Provides an efficient interface with our Harvey engineering
department to evaluate all upcoming capital projects and analyze
all new and existing equipment and layouts.
- Coordinates and directs the activities of all 3rd party
contractors performing work at the Huntington site.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a closely related field of
- 5+ years of manufacturing leadership experience in a chemical
plant, preferably batch manufacturing.
- 5+ years' experience with an ERP system. SAP strongly
- Proven ability to drive and implement process
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with applicable EPA and OSHA regulations (PSM is a
- Experience with ISO standards required. Experience with TS/IATF
16949 a plus.
- Experience in process automation and digitization a plus.
- Facility Security Officer (FSO) training and certification is a
- 5% travel required
WHAT WE OFFER
Fuchs Lubricants Co. offers an excellent compensation and benefits
package. The benefits package offered to full-time employees
includes: medical, dental, vision, vacation, 401(k), life
insurance, LTD, flexible spending accounts, and tuition
Fuchs Lubricants Co. is an equal employment opportunity (EEO)/AA
employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace
Keywords: Fuchs Lubricants Co., Huntington , Plant Manager, Professions , Huntington, West Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!